Now Hiring! We are looking for a full time Executive Director to lead our team!
Seeking: Executive Director of the Midwest Independent Film Festival
Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter with salary history/expectations to email@example.com.
The Midwest Independent Film Festival, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, is the only film festival in the country solely dedicated to the Chicago and Midwest filmmaker. Our unique festival is a champion of independent film, promoter of Midwest talent, and a staple in the artistic community of Chicago. Year-round, we feature exceptional Midwest-based films on the first Tuesday of every month at the Landmark Century Centre Cinema, Chicago’s home for showcasing independent film.
Our consistently sold-out festival attracts a diverse audience of patrons, from film directors to movie buffs to young professionals.The Midwest Independent Film Festival is the nation's only film festival solely dedicated to the Midwest filmmaker, presenting audiences with regionally produced independent cinema every First Tuesday of the month.
Our mission is to celebrate and strengthen the Midwest filmmaking community.
The Executive Director of the Midwest Independent Film Festival will uphold the festival mission and provide leadership to the festival team, while developing and strengthening bonds with filmmakers, sponsors, members & guests.
- Plan, market and manage all aspects of the First Tuesdays screening events, including programming a monthly feature or shorts program and Producers Panel;
- Plan and present the annual Best of the Midwest Awards event;
- Manage and meet annual budget requirements, fundraising acquisition through grant writing, special events and sponsorship development, maintain positive vendor relationships;
- Maintain communication with sponsors, promote sponsors and develop new sponsors;
- Maintain and create new strategic growth opportunities that attract, keep and motivate a diverse high quality staff and sponsorship
- Supervise an assistant and/or submissions coordinator to ensure consistent evaluation of submissions and plan presentation of selections;
- Maintain communication with members, increase membership;
- Oversee and assign tasks to festival volunteers;
- Increase Festival recognition in Chicago and the Midwest through marketing efforts;
- Maintain the official Festival web site and social media accounts; supervise updates;
- Interface with the existing Board of Directors and Advisory Council to set goals and evaluate programming and policies;
- Cultivate and maintain the acquisition of board members as required by the By-Laws;
- Additional duties as needed (such as attending industry events, correspondence with filmmakers and press, etc.)
- Applicants must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong public speaking and computer skills, and effective customer service skills.
- The Executive Director must excel at leading a team, yet will work independently at times. The Executive Director will report to the Board of the Midwest Independent Film Festival.
- Having a passion for film and the Midwest is essential, along with a strong understanding and knowledge of utilizing different social media outlets.
- Bachelor’s degree required; evening and weekend hours required.
- This full-time position requires communication and planning with a wide variety of established industry leaders and up-and-coming professionals; the ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience leading a film festival or similar 501(c) (3) arts organization, a strong regional film network and a highly regarded reputation within the film industry.
- Interested parties should forward a resume with salary history/expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter addressing the required skills, along with 2 professional references.
- Applications must be received no later than Friday, February 23, 2018. We are seeking to fill this position in Q1, 2018.
Full Time Salary and benefits TBD (based on salary history and qualifications).
The Midwest Independent Film Festival is a 501(c)(3) organization, and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status.